BlogCatalog

Monday, August 19, 2013

August Birchbox


My August Birchbox couldn't have been more anticipated; I couldn't contain my excitement when it actually came in the mail! This month's box was filled with lots of goodies, and I can't wait to tell you all about them.


My favorite product from this box is hands down from Miss Jessie's. I always love hair products, so receiving this set of deep conditioners made me more than overjoyed. 


Both conditioners left my hair feeling silky smooth, but I favored the Super Sweetback Treatment slightly more than the Rapid Recovery Treatment, mostly because of the sweet bubblegum scent that accompanied the sweetback. Both products can be purchased for $26 each, full size. 


My next favorite product in August's box is Juice Beauty's Oil-Free Moisturizer. I'm never a fan of spending money on pricy skin care products, so these small samples are perfect. This moisturizer has left my face feeling soft and supple, and feels amazingly refreshing after each application. Unlike some lotions that go on thick and feel oily, this moisturizer has been nothing but light and airy. For $28, I am definitely considering purchasing the full size product.


I am a firm believer that a girl can never have too many tubes of lipstick. ModelCo's Party Proof will more than likely be added to my collection. For $24, you get a trio of delightfully smelling lipsticks that will sure please any skin tone. 


Initially, I was hesitant when seeing the color of this product, but instantly loved it once I gave it a try. This matte lipstick would be perfect for a night on the town once autumn approaches.


At first sight, I absolutely loved the pattern on these Birchbox Bobby Pins. This wouldn't be a product I would necessarily purchase on my own, so it was a nice change of pace to receive in my Birchbox. For $5, you can purchase a set of six pins. I, personally, would not spend $5 on six bobby pins, when I seem to lose normal pins like they're going out of style. One serious drawback about this product is the horrible pain I felt when trying to place in my hair. They did not go through easily and when it came time to remove the pins, they seemed to capture a strand or two of hair. 


Last but not least, Coastal Scents Eye Shadow in the Perfect Smoky Eye. I have not yet used this product, so I cannot say for certain whether or not it will compliment my eyes, but I am not extremely thrilled with the colors provided. The pink and purple take me back to a day when butterfly clips and stretchy black necklaces were so in. I will, however, give it a try, maybe when I'm in the mood to rock out to some Spice Girls with E. 

Overall, I can say that I am thoroughly pleased with my box. I've been introduced to several products that I can actually see myself purchasing and am very happy I received. 

Throwback from July: Purminerals CC cream.


Last month, I had bashed this CC cream. I was not overly thrilled to receive this product, but recently gave it a go in lue of my daily mineral powder foundation. I have to say, I have come to adore this CC cream. I am not 100% sure if I will purchase the full size product, but I have sure enjoyed using this sample. 

Until next time Birchboxers,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment