BlogCatalog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Banana Fosters Crepe


So today I was craving something sweet, but I didn't have much around the apartment to bake. I did, however, have bananas and heavy cream.  After some internet urging I decided to make some crepes with a simplified banana fosters sauce on top.

Here are the ingredients for the crepes

Ingredients
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
pinch of salt 
1 Tablespoon melted butter

Directions
Whisk the egg and flour together. Slow add the milk, water, melted butter, and salt.  Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a heated skillet. Flip after about 1 minute.

For the bananas fosters sauce I just winged it. I put butter, brown sugar, heavy cream in a sauce pan and brought it to a boil.  then added the bananas and waited for it to cook down a little. I don't remember the exact measurements, but you can't really go wrong with butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream.

Anyway give it a try!!

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment