BlogCatalog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Taking a Break from the Daily Grind

In the past few weeks, I've had some of the most stressful days of my post college career. They've consisted of long hours at work followed by large glasses of wine and ample episodes of Breaking Bad with E (yes, sadly, we've found a new obsession, sorry Army Wives). We've all been there - that crazy period of time in our lives where you try your hardest and give an immense amount of effort but no matter what you do, it never seems to be enough. This has been my life for the past month. No matter how hard I try to leave work at work, I can't seem to shake the added stress at the end of the day. With that being said, today was a much needed day off.



E and I started our day off right, with an amazing breakfast at one of our favorites, The Market Street Cafe. One of my favorite things about Market Street is their enormous cups of coffee. As soon as the cup hits the table, I can't help but beam with pure happiness. 


I enjoyed a delicious turkey, bacon, and guacamole omelette with home fries and wheat toast, while E munch on eggs benedict, hash browns and a refreshing parfait. 



I couldn't think of a better way to start my day. 

I've worked a couple night shifts lately, which when you're used to working at 6am, sounds horrible. One thing that has made it completely worth it has been watching fireworks as I leave for the night. How can I complain when my day ends with such an amazing show? 





I hope you all can find the amazing ray of light in even some of the darkest days. -L

No comments:

Post a Comment