BlogCatalog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Confessions of a Workaholic

I'll be the first to admit, I can become quite enthralled in work, to the point where I would stay hours late just to accomplish what I set out to do. For the past few weeks, I've been mostly working at 6 am, which has it's pros and cons. The obvious con being the horrid 4:30 am wake ups (they are definitely not my favorite). That being said, I couldn't help but indulge in sleeping on my day off today. With no alarms forcing me out of my peaceful slumber, I slept until the wee hours of 11am (well past when I would normally be eating lunch at work). Was it the best sleep of my life? Pretty close to it. Will I regret waking up in a few short hours for my shift tomorrow morning? Most likely. What I will look forward to as I stumble out of bed, barely awake and completely in distress: my next day off. Until then, I will daydream about the time I will spend uninterrupted in my small, but comfortable bed.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment