BlogCatalog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Half Marathon

See this right here ^ that is going to be L and I in February.  We just recently signed up to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. Are we crazy? I think a little, yes.  I speak for myself when I say that I am not a runner... Even though  I played college athletics I have never been very gifted in the running department. Especially when I'm not distracted by chasing a ball down or something.  In fact before this year I had not run more than 3 miles in my life...EVER.  Thanks to a couple people challenging my abilities I was able to get the motivation (determination to prove them wrong) to run 8 miles on a couple of occasions. It honestly came out of nowhere.  I would have never imagined in a million years that I could run that far.   I realized for me it is definitely mind over matter.  It was completely in my head that I couldn't run or be a runner.  After getting past a certain point (3 miles for me) running gets a lot easier.  Sometimes it is just a struggle for me to get past that 3 mile mark! Anyway, we will continue to post our progress as we train to run 13.1 miles.  It will be a challenge for sure, but I think if we push each other we will be ok.

So here we are getting our run on at the gym. Every day counts!


Today I was hoping to get  5 miles done, but I only managed four due to a side ache of death! No but really it was super painful. If any one has any advice on how to avoid side aches I would really appreciate it. I've done some research, but I'm still trying to find something that works. 

Anyway, here is a really horribly focused picture I took during my cool down of my workout. It wasn't as far as I wanted to go, but I'll take 4 miles over no miles ;)

 -E

No comments:

Post a Comment