BlogCatalog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Half Mara-what?

As E wrote earlier, we will be running the Disney Princess Half Marathon in  just a few short months. As exciting as that sounds, it sends chills down my spine. A half marathon?! Are we crazy?!?! Personally, I think yes, but I willingly signed up and am giving it my all. For as long as I can remember, I have had a love/hate relationship with working out and going to the gym. In the beginning, I'll have tons of momentum and get super excited about making changes and being healthy, then I'll always fall behind and give up. But not this time. This time, the accountability of giving it my all is having to victoriously run across Disney property, all while rocking my most sporty princess attire.


When thinking about running, this quote keeps me going. No matter how overwhelmed I may feel about race day, I just think of the foundation I am setting and that there's only room to go up from here. When initially starting a few weeks ago, I could barely jog through half a mile. Now going for one mile doesn't seem so bad. Does anyone else have a goal that they are working towards? Make sure to follow our blog and cheer us through race day!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment