BlogCatalog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birchbox: My Monthly Guilty Pleasure



Five to six deluxe samples of new and timeless beauty products delivered to my doorstep once a month; yes, I've bought into the monthly beauty subscription crazy. I couldn't help it. I love shopping and discovering new beauty products, yet I don't always want to commit to buying a full product without trying it first. Birchbox has been the perfect personal shopper in my life. This is my fifth box so far and I've come to love, purchase and incorporate many of the products into my daily beauty routine. I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of July's box, and couldn't have been happier when checking my mailbox today after work. Each Birchbox has a theme, and July's was Power Play, promoting strength and control to maximize happiness in your life.


This month, I received five samples of products, most of which are centered around keeping my face flawless and glowing, even in the dog days of summer. 


The product I am most excited about receiving this month is the DDF® Acne Control Treatment.  Living in Florida has really taken a toll on my skin, leaving my face oily and more breakout prone than usual. That being said, the full size of this treatment runs for $44 per tube, a price I wouldn't ever consider spending before trying first.


Another product that sparks my interest is benefit's Moisture Prep Toning Lotion. Benefit is a brand I love time and time again. I always leave the house wearing Benetint and High Beam, so I think it's safe to say this is going to be a product that I will be willing to shell out $30 for. 



Alas, something I can never seem to have enough of: fragrance samples. Last box, I was sent Juicy's La La, which is why I was surprised to see another Juicy bottle in this month's box, but I am surely not complaining. This month's fragrance is Juicy Couture's self titled scent, which is lighter and, in my opinion, more everyday friendly than La La. Almost every time I checked out online from Sephora, I would default to choosing perfumes as my complementary samples. Birchbox seems to know me so well. 



Another product included in this month's box is Nomaterra's Eau de Parfum Fragrance Wipe. I fully intend on tossing this wipe in my purse and pulling it out in time of need.


Last and quite possibly least, we have Pür Minerals CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40. I am not exactly thrilled about receiving a CC cream, mostly because they are intended for use on color imbalanced skin. The redeeming grace of the cream is the SPF 40, which will make it useful while lounging by the pool this summer. 

Overall, I am thrilled with the samples in my box for July and cannot wait to see what August has in store for my Birchbox
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment